Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 275... generations

This large mural on the corner of Frome Street and Rundle Street was first painted in the 80's and then was redone, with several artists contributing to it to give a sightly new futuristic theme in the 1998. Carol Ruff and Barbary O'Brien painted the original mural in 1984. The theme of the piece was the link between the older and younger generation through play. The new version includes symbol-isms of Adelaide heritage such as the Mt Lofty towers and up dated graffitied canvas school bags that so many Adelaide's school kids use. In the newer version the old man's ice cream has melted to show there has been a space of time.


I have always loved this mural and I thought light trails would add to the fun of the shot, unfortunately I couldn't include the top of the shot as it was over exposed and I did not really notice until I was home, hence the pano crop on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment