Sunday, September 9, 2012

Y2 Day 211... Goodbye

July 28th

Ryan John made his presence known 18 years ago today, he came into my world and changed it completely

But I was not the only one he had that effect on, if you met Ryan you liked Ryan and if you knew Ryan you loved Ryan.

I want to share this short poem with you...


Not how did he die, but how did he live?
Not what did he gain, but what did he give?
These are the units to measure the worth Of a man as a man, regardless of birth.
Not, what was his church, nor what was his creed?
But had he befriended those really in need?
Was he ever ready, with word of good cheer, To bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
Not what did the sketch in the newspaper say, But how many were sorry when he passed away


If that is how we measure the worth of a man I know that I raised an amazing young man... He was there for us all and I am so very proud to call him my son.

We say our last physical goodbye to Ryan today but he will live on in each of us... in our thoughts, memories and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment